How to find us
Lease: +7 (495) 803 33 33
Cash: + 7 (495) 917 17 99
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
10:00 — 22:00
The author's expert-course of the art critic and curator, the owner of the pop / off / art gallery of Sergei Popov, is dedicated to the in-depth study of the contemporary art market. This is a kind of navigator for how the world of modern art is actually arranged.
The course includes 5 lecture sessions lasting 3 hours each. / Classes will be held once a week on weekdays from 19.00 to 22.00 or from 11.00 to 14.00. / Upon completion of the course, a Certificate is issued.
Cost: 20.000 rubles
1. The concept of the system of art. The history of the market of contemporary art. Basic principles, structures, names. Museums, exhibitions, critics, curators. Collectors. Principles of pricing. Why art grows in value. Bad art and gray market areas.
2. The role of the gallery in contemporary art. From the bureau and the salon to the dealer and gallery. Responsibility of galleries: promotion, sales, production.
3. State economy and the sphere of culture. Socialism and art. The system of grants. Biennial art. Biennale, the institution. Art as research. The boundaries of art as an economic issue.
4. Tools for increasing the price of art. Fairs, auctions. Investing in art.
5. Local art markets. Modern Russian Art and the Art Market. Art in a crisis.